Thursday, October 6, 2011

Poems By Moana


Moana Lou Kekaikuihala Hiram Hannemann

My Grams and her brother when they were little

Grams with two of her brothers


My mom asked me to help her type some of Grams's poems so that in the near future she can make copies for all our family to have. I was honored because Grams is so talented and has such a great love of her culture, her family and the gospel. I typed about 35 poems and a few pages of her history and loved every sentence. I love that I can feel her love in these poems. I feel like she is near when I read them. We are so lucky to have her here with us today, but how blessed we will be to have her words to bring us comfort when she is no longer here.

Heavenly Father blessed us with the Book or Mormon and Bible so that we have a record of what occurred, to bring a strength and comfort and show us the way to return to him. I am so grateful that my Grams took the time to write such beautiful words that bring such joy to our lives. I am excited to continue typing these poems for my future children and those that come after.


I love my Grams and Papa so much! I am so lucky that my mom and dad made it a major priority to spend time with my family and especially my grandparents! The few years that they stayed with us in Kingwood, Texas were the most amazing years! We grew so close and really created a bond that will last forever!

Brian and I were so lucky to have a skype session with
Papa and Grams while we were in Costa Rica

This is the most recent picture of them in Vegas last month

I will end with one of the poems I typed tonight. Enjoy...

He Knows Me!

My Savior loves me,

This I know.

He guides and protects me,

He helps me grow.

He answers my prayers,

He shows me the way.

He blesses me

Each passing day.

He is happy when I am.

I must be obedient,

Do the best I can.

Be kind to others,

Try to forgive.

The blessings are many,

We must speak the truth.

I’ll be with Jesus,

He’ll come again.

He’ll be King

To rule and reign.

Moana

I love this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment