Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Surprise...For Nui


This weekend was such a treat for our family. We made the 10 hour trek to Provo, Utah to see our favorite Nui guy who is currently in his second year at BYU! It was so wonderful to see him and to watch him and London interact! London just loves his big brudder Nui and misses him so much while he is away at college. This trip was especially great because London said "Nooooo E" for the very first time! We were all so excited that we kept giving Hi-5s and clapping! He is growing up so quickly and speaking so well these days! We were so happy that Nui was there to see that special moment! Here they are watching videos of London laughing!



Thursday was full of driving and trying to keep the 2 year old happy and in his car seat. Friday we got to do a lot of shopping and found some great deals! Brian got Quicksilver shirt and shorts for $3.99 each. I was the one who got the best deal and scored a few dresses, skirts and shirts for a very cheap price. Friday night we were able to see an awesome band called Te Vaka perform and were super excited to see our favorite performer Alex Aiono open for them! He didn't play as many songs as we would have liked (like 20), but it was great to see him on stage and see how comfortable he is! He is definitely an amazing performer and we are excited to hear all the wonderful things he is doing these days! There were so many Aiono's there to support Alex and we were so lucky to visit with them after the show at the Amazing In and Out Burger there in Provo. It was so good to catch up with everyone.

Te Vaka

Alex with some of the other performers

My love and I at the show

Saturday we spend the day at Chuck E Cheese with Aunty Jess, Uncle Kent and the kids! It was so much fun! The adults had way more fun than the kids!


Sunday was bittersweet as we had to say our goodbyes to Nui. London cried a little when he realized we were leaving! It's hard to be away from Nui, especially since we are so close. One quick story, when I was a senior I was about to apply to colleges and Nui cried everyday saying he didn't want to me to leave and he wanted to come with me. We are 6 years apart, so he young at the time and we had never been away from each other. After much thinking and prayer, I ended up staying and going to a community college in Kingwood. Less than a year later, we found out my Mom would be switching jobs and moving to California. The move was tough for Nui since Kingwood was the only place he really knew. I am so glad I was there to make the move with him and get all settled in. It wasn't too bad of a deal for me either, since I met my husband just one month after our move! All things happen for a reason. So when Nui was a senior and trying to decide where to go, I BEGGED him to stay with me and not leave...what did he do? HE LEFT to a different STATE! So much for that! But we are happy he is at BYU and we know he is there for a reason! We pray for him everyday and cant wait to see him again soon!

Kisses for London
This was taken the first time we dropped Nui off at BYU! London looks so little!

No comments:

Post a Comment